Structure, people & operations.
OpenAIRE was established in 2018 to ensure a permanent presence and structure for a European-wide national policy and open scholarly communication infrastructure.
OpenAIRE is a Non-Profit Partnership (NPP) incorporated under the provisions of Greek Law (articles 741 onwards of the Greek Civil Code) and Law No 4072/2012.
OpenAIRE is a participatory initiative from its onset and is reflected in its governance structure:
- General Assembly: the highest decision making body (votes from regular members).
- Executive Board: supervises the activities of the organisation.
- Standing Committees: provide strategic guidance to the operation of the organisation.
- Working Groups: provide hands on guidance and results for the implementation of Open Science.
- Management Office: carries out all daily activities.
- Ethics Advisory Committee: oversees ethical issues of the infrastructure.
The Executive Board is composed of eight experts in Open Science. Its role is to steer, evaluate and advance the implementation of the strategic directions of the OpenAIRE e-Infrastructure.The chair of the Executive Board and General Assembly is Inge Van Nieuwerburgh.
Office TeamOur team is a valuable asset of the OpenAIRE and the key to its success. High-skilled people from all over Europe with passion for Open Science and significant experience in the relevant to their work fields consist are responsible for ensuring the implementation of the decisions of the General Assembly and the directions provided by the OpenAIRE Executive Board.