About the job
As a Technical Manager at OpenAIRE AMKE, you will be responsible for overseeing and following up on the work and responsibilities of OpenAIRE AMKE within the activities in support of the delivery of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) platform. Working under the supervision of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), your primary focus will be systems and architecture design, team management, collaboration with other teams, user and the EC. Experience in European projects and strong social and communication skills will be valuable assets in this role.
- Work and Responsibility Follow-up: Collaborate closely with the CTO to understand the strategic objectives and priorities of OpenAIRE AMKE in the context of the EOSC platform. Monitor the progress of ongoing projects and initiatives, ensuring alignment with objectives, timelines, and quality standards.
- Systems and Architectures Design: Apply your expertise in systems and architecture design to contribute to the development and evolution of the technical infrastructure within the EOSC platform. Ensure the design aligns with best practices, interoperability requirements, and scalability considerations of the EOSC and OpenAIRE services.
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and motivate teams within OpenAIRE AMKE, facilitating their performance and professional growth. Foster a collaborative work environment, promoting knowledge sharing, innovation, and an open feedback culture across the team.
- Collaboration with Other Teams: Collaborate with other teams within the EOSC platform developments, ensuring effective communication and coordination. Facilitate integrating OpenAIRE AMKE's activities and solutions with other teams, aiming to achieve a coherent and comprehensive ecosystem.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally, including project partners, researchers, and other EOSC stakeholders. Foster relationships and actively seek feedback to inform the continuous improvement of OpenAIRE AMKE's services and contributions to the EOSC platform.
- Task Management: Plan, monitor, and control EOSC-related tasks by OpenAIRE AMKE, ensuring timely and successful delivery. Apply project management methodologies and use tools to track progress, manage resources effectively, and mitigate risks and issues.
- European Projects Collaboration: Leverage your experience in European projects to contribute to collaborations and synergies with other initiatives and consortia working on the EOSC platform. Actively participate in relevant working groups and meetings to represent OpenAIRE AMKE's interests and promote knowledge exchange.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar.
- Strong expertise in systems and architecture design for at least 5 years, preferably in the context of scientific systems, distributed systems, research data management, and optionally in open science platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods for at least 2 years.
- Proven experience in team management , including the ability to lead and support diverse, often remote, teams towards project goals.
- Excellent social and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders and build strong relationships.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with an innovative mindset and an understanding of emerging technologies and trends.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities, adapting to changing circumstances and deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams.
- Fluent written and spoken English language.
- Master's degree in Project Management or related technical field.
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition preferred.
- Experience in European projects, including an understanding of project management methodologies and funding frameworks.
- Experience or good undestanding of the in Open Science ecosystem.
- Knowledge of an IT Marketplace environment and/or discovery platforms.
Terms of employment
- The position is offered for a period of three-years as an associate . It is renewable upon satisfactory performance.
- This will be a full-time position.
- Even though OpenAIRE offices are located in Athens, selected candidates will join forces with the OpenAIRE teams located either in Athens, at Athena Research Center or in Pisa, at Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche.
- OpenAIRE supports a hybrid workplace model, with the agreement for onsite at least two days per week, with the option to work remotely for the rest.
- Candidates should be available for travelling to meet with the technical team in Europe, up to 6 times per year, on request of the technical coordination (paid travel).
- Depending on the skills, experience salary may range from 60.000 EUR to 84.000 EUR . The salary is intended to be gross, i.e. taxes, insurance, etc. are included.
Dates and deadlines
- Job submission deadline: Dec 10 , 2023.
- Expected starting date: Feb 1, 2024
How to apply
OpenAIRE is a non-profit organisation (working from 2008, but establlished as a legal entity in 2018 with 47 members from 34 countries) operating an open scholalry communication infrastructure in Europe. Our services are used by resarchers and actors in the R&I ecosystem around the world.
OpenAIRE headquarter is based in Athens, Greece, but operates a virtual office of 18 staff members, a technical team of 30+ developers and engineers in Pisa (Italy), Athens (Greece), Warsaw (Poland), Geneva (Switzerland), Minho (Portugal), and a network of 34 Open Science experts placed in every European country,